The Project Management in Global Health course offered by the University of Washington and facilitated by Imprint (U) Ltd in Uganda is an exciting course for anyone who would like to gain practical project management and implementation skills that are required for managing and implementing projects in the complex local, regional, national, and global health environments. Whereas the course is targeting people in a health setting, the concepts and materials apply to anyone looking at improving their project management abilities and skills.
Imprint (U) Ltd will be hosting a site for this online course on zoom from June 28, 2021, to September 12, 2021. Discussion sessions are held every Thursday evening starting 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
Course fee: Imprint is currently facilitating the course at a very subsidized fee of Two Hundred Ninety Nine United states Dollars (299 USD) for individuals.
As a participant you will be able to:
- Attend Lectures by Ann Downer, ED, Assoc. Prof Global Health and Executive Director, International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
- Have access to superb online project management materials including learning videos, audios, and articles
- Attend weekly group discussions and activities customized to our local setting, facilitated by Prof. Lydia Mpanga Sebuyira, Clinical Ass. Prof. Dept Global Health, University of Washington, and Director Capacity Building, Imprint (U) Ltd.
- Network and learn from other project managers in our health setting
- On-line interaction with UW faculty and participants from other sites around the world
- A shipped University of Washington Certificate in Project Management in Health.
- Attain Membership to an Alumni Network of experienced Project Managers.
Duration: The course is facilitated over a period of 3 months (12 weeks) including one week of orientation and the final week for concluding the course. This means we have 10 weeks of study. The current offering is running from June 28, 2021, to September 12, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the course, fill in the General Application form on the UW website using this link https://bit.ly/3u5IlcZ by May 31, 2021. You will be required to;
- First create an account and then be directed to submit your application.
- Once there, choose the courseProject Management in Global Health, select enrollment type as Site Based Participant and then select Uganda_Kampala_Imprint (U) Ltd as your preferred site for study.
- Click Nextand fill in your details on the next page. Once you have filled in all the details,
- Click submit and you will receive an e-mail notification from the University of Washington confirming receipt of your application.
Making payment: Once you have applied and your application is accepted by the University of Washington, Imprint will issue you an invoice for the course fees for payment before the course starts. We encourage all the participants to pay all fees upfront on registration or by week one (1). Those paid for by the organizations should provide a Local Purchase Order (LPO) as a commitment for payment. All participants will fill in commitment letter and submit them to Imprint. These will be issued before the course starts. Those who do not pay by week 1 will be discontinued from the course and the University of Washington informed so that they no longer have access to the course materials.
We would be glad to have a phone discussion with you should there be a need for more clarification. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, call +256-414-690371 or +256774261163 or +256-752-891598.”