The Makerere University School of Medicine Implementation Science (Mak-ImS) Training program, is a five-year project funded by the United States National Institutes of Health-Fogarty International Center is a collaboration between Makerere University College of Health Sciences and University of California San Francisco in the USA. The goal of this training program is to create sustained growth of an ImS research environment at Makerere University and the application of ImS to bear on HIV research and service delivery on a larger scale. In order to achieve this goal, the Mak-ImS Project seeks to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic and results-oriented candidate to fill the position of an administrative assistant as indicated below;
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Required Effort: 100% time effort
Employment period: 10-months with a possibility of renewal
Reports to: Project Administrator
Duty Station: Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Mulago-Kampala.
Job Purpose: The Administrative assistant will work closely with the Project Administrator to support Mak-ImS and the related capacity building projects: Malaria Research and Mak-Behavioral and Social Science Research Training programs at Makerere University College of Heath Sciences (MakCHS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall administrative support to the office, working closely with the Project Administrator.
- Filing office documents.
- Prepare logistics for project meetings and workshops.
- Participate in project meetings including minute-taking and report writing
- Manage office petty cash and prepare accountabilities.
- Follow up on accountabilities to ensure they are verified by the university auditors
- Liaise with the university revenue office to ensure that tuition fees is credited on the trainees’ individual student accounts.
- Liaise with the accounts office and follow up on office payments.
- Liaise with the Project administrator to ensure proper inventory and supplies control.
- Update trainees’ information in the NIH career track.
- Ensure that all project properties are secure and in good condition.
- Supporting internal and external audits of the programs.
- Any other duties that will from time to time be assigned to you by the supervisor.
Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration or a related field is required from a recognized University.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position or working with a research project.
- Knowledge in Accounts and financial management is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in the establishment of administrative and management systems for projects including financial management.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet applications.
- Proficiency in budgeting and accounting packages (Quick books)
- Must demonstrate maturity, resourcefulness and attention to detail, with the ability to work under minimum supervision, organize, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Report writing skills
- Good written and oral communication skills (in English)
Application letters should be accompanied by copies of academic credentials, detailed curriculum vitae and one professional references. Letters should be addressed to the Project Administrator, Mak-ImS Project and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, 28th May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.