Clinical epidemiology and biostatistics is the application of the principles and methods of epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics and health social sciences to clinical medicine. The objective is to develop and apply methods of clinical observation that will lead to valid clinical conclusions; to develop and test appropriate diagnostic tests; to develop test interventions for the prevention and control of diseases, and to provide a rational approach to resource allocation in clinical medicine.
The MScCEB course is designed to build the capacity of health and health-related professionals so as to conduct research that defines the population at risk of health problems; shows the efficacy of interventions, and critically examines the functioning of the health systems. These goals are in line with those of the health sector namely to consolidate existing health services and reorient health services to primary health care to achieve efficiency as well as equity. The primary beneficiaries are Ugandans but also the Africa region since this will be the first time that this course is offered in Africa.
The philosophy of this program is to develop high-quality and sustainable training strategies that produce clinical
epidemiologists, biostatisticians, health social scientists, and health economists with the knowledge and skills to address health care challenges with special emphasis on tropical diseases and the tropical environment. The specific objectives of the course are:
- To train health workers in the areas of clinical epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics, and health social
- To equip the health workers with the knowledge and skills to conduct appropriate health research.
- To produce health researchers with a multi-disciplinary approach to health problems.
- To develop human research capacity to link research with health policymakers.
- To strengthen the research arm of health and allied professionals.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Years
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes