Dr. Masao Keneki
Masao Kaneki, M.D., Ph.D., is a scientific investigator at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Boston and an associate professor in the department of anesthesia at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Kaneki is the director of the Signal Transduction Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital. His major research efforts have been focused on burn injury-induced metabolic alterations, including hyperlactatemia, hypermetabolism, muscle wasting, mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance, in mice. His research team has shown that farnesyltransferase inhibitor prevents burn injury-induced metabolic derangements in mice.
- Scientific Investigator, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Boston
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Anesthesia, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School
- BS, Biology, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- M.D., The University of Tokyo
- Ph.D., The University of Tokyo