Stephen Bule is a lecturer in the Department of Radiology teaching Graduate and undergraduate students at Makerere University College of Health Sciences school of Medicine. He holds Master’s degree in Diagnostic Ultrasound and Information Technology. Currently pursuing a Ph.D. at University of Johannesburg SA and Teesside University UK on developing a universal curriculum on Medical Imaging Informatics for Radiographers. He has had both local and international academic and skills training on Radiological technology in Uganda, Japan, Belgium, Netherland and South Africa.
His courses include but not limited to:
• Diagnostic Ultrasound
• Radiographic Photography and technique 1&2
• Radiological Pattern Recognition in axial and appendicular skeleton
• Computer science, Information technology and Telemedicine
• Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
• Radionuclide Imaging
Stephen has presented several scientific papers in the international conferences such as ISRRT, PACORI and Africa Health in Nairobi, Hong Kong, Brisbane, Toronto, Helsinki, Abuja and Johannesburg to mention but a few.
In addition, he has done consultancy work on several projects such as:
• Nov 2017: Prepared and submitted a research report on “Developing a Robust Telemedicine project for Mulago Hospital and 3 KCCA hospitals” sponsored by MOH
• Aug 2009: Prepared and presented a research report on Needs assessment in Information and Communication Technology for Mulago Hospital and Mbarara Hospital. Sponsored by ICT4MPOWER project
• Feb 2009: Presented and Submitted a Research Report to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and PEPFAR at Entebbe Virus institute on Feasibility Assessment of a National level Electronic Management Information System: Evaluation of ICT in Healthcare Systems in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Stephen has taught and supervised several research writing of undergraduate students and written a book on Jan 2010 submitted report entitled “Evaluation of the Impact of Wireless Communication Technologies; A case study in Healthcare delivery”. Already published with Lampard Academic Publishers (LAP) Germany as a monogram and printed and for marketing.